Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Announcements

Hello everyone,

I have to apologize for not writing sooner. There are times when life just gets in your way...ya know what I mean? (lol)

First I want to thank everyone for including my family in their prayers. I do believe in the miracle of prayers and so far things are pretty good.

I do have a few announcements for everyone. First; I have 3 sewing machines and one by one they've broke down; the third one just went down recently. So until I can get them into the shop, I will have to put a hold on my patterns. And..if that wasn't enough, my digital camera went down also meaning that I can't put any pictures up on my site, in the newsletter, etc. So I will need to replace that some how or get this old one working before I can put out another newsletter. This only means that my next newsletter may be a month or two late...but I will be back.

For you animal lovers out there, let me introduce you to Woody and Poco. Bob and I did a little animal rescue yesterday. We found the two little furbabies pictured above at a kill animal shelter 1 hour away. Both are rat terrier mixes. The first one is Woody. Woody was a senior with cataracts and was very thin. Our first visit to the vet, however, revealed that this sweet little one was more ill than anyone thought. Cuddled snugly and safely in my arms, this little one crossed over the Rainbow Bridge knowing how it felt to be loved at least once in his life.

The second picture is of Poco (means little). Our veterinarian estimates his age at about 4 months, and he was surprisingly healthy...if a little thin. Unfortunately though we haven't been able to get him to eat. He started to eat once and one of the other dogs growled at him and we haven't been able to get him to eat anything substantial since. He has eaten a few treats, but nothing more. He also has diarrhea. Now I know from the many furbabies we've adopted over the years, that diarrhea is not unusual as their tummies need to adjust to the new food, etc.

We've tried people food, baby food, puppy food, etc. I even bought some pet gravy and poured it over his dry food...still he didn't eat. If he doesn't eat by tomorrow, back to the vet we go. So....keep this little one in your prayers please. He's just the sweetest little thing....and in just 2 days he and I have bonded very deeply. If anyone has any advice....by all means drop me a note.

That's all of my news. I hope everyone is having a great evening.

Blessings,
Brenda


2 comments:

  1. Brenda, gusto contactar contigo, el año pasado los alimentos balanceados casi matan a mis dos hijas, tengo todo documentado en mis espacios, luego te los paso, logré salvarlas de colangiohepatitis, hepatomegalias y tumor en las adrenales con antibióticos 20 días, y aquí va:200 grs carne magra cortada a cuchillo por vos, papa, batata, zanahoria y zapallo pisado mezclado con la carne, esto dos veces por día, no otra cosa, ojo, cada perra pesa 40 kgs. en este caso el perrito se ve pequeño, reducir las porciones a 1/3 de lo descrito. Luego te paso mi página, tendrás que traducirla, veo si tienes mail y te comentaré mas, me costó un año de mi vida que envejecí el valor de 10 años con todo lo que pasé, aquí corre la mala praxis de los veterinarios que las atendian y la basura del alimento balanceado que explico en mis blogs y esto también está documentado en páginas de todos los países. Mi mail es soniapaint@hotmail.com, pero no te preocupes, yo volverè aquì para darrte los links. Gracias por tu bondad Brenda. Sonia Nidia Apicella

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://soniapaint.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/alimentos-balanceados-veneno-que-nos-venden-bajo-la-gran-mentira-de-los-deshonestos/, este es mi link Brenda donde publiquè algo de lo mucho que encontrè en pàginas de España, esto fue sacado a la vez de pàginas de EEUU, Canadà, España y Francia. No solo el alimento balanceado mata a nuestros hijos perrunos, tambièn la indiferencia del humano que cada dìa es mas animal que humano, tambièn la codicia de los veterinarios, no todos pero ellos saben que el alimento balanceado està hecho de basura, carne podrida,desechos de animales muertos, etc.nos falta mucha cultura, nos faltan sentimientos, educaciòn, aùn no hemos comprendido que toda forma de vida no es cualquier cosa, merecen los mismos privilegios que Dios nos dio a todos. Gracias Brenda por estar de este lado de Dios. El link sobre lo que deben comer nuestros hijitos es: https://picasaweb.google.com/104022408409094390688/AlimentacionCorrectaParaSuPerro#.
    Nada de dulces ni galletitas, nada de desechos de nuestras comidas, en caso de darle un hueso debe ser desgrasado y crudo. Dios quiera puedas salvar a esas criaturas, que Dios te acompañe siempre Brenda, vos tambièn sos un ser especial. Sonia

    ReplyDelete