Friday, May 31, 2013

Hello Everyone from a VERY RAINY INDIANA….

First I want to sincerely thank everyone who wrote to me about my blog about a “Throw Away.”  I really debated with myself on whether or not to post it, but in the end, it was very therapeutic and helpful.  Please also accept my apologies for not answering everyone or posting anything more about it until now. 

To clarify a bit about that post which I’m sure seemed a bit cryptic to some, it was about a man who abused me.  It was physical, sexual, and emotional abuse which started when I was just a child and continued until I was a young adult.  I started in therapy as a young adult and have been in and out of therapy over this for years.  I really felt I had dealt with it and all of its issues.  I was mistaken.

Shortly after Bob and I married we considered moving.  However, Bob and I both have family and friends here, and neither of us really wanted to move.  So it was a happy surprise when this person moved instead…and had been gone for years and years. 

Unfortunately, right before I posted “Do You Know What a Throw Away is? he had moved back.  This brought back all the memories.  But on the other hand, shouldn’t we all rise to a challenge? And this has been a challenge for me. 

Every day since I posted that I would check in and read the sweet notes my “friends” left for me.  You cannot know what every little note and email message left for me and sent to me has meant.  You really do feel so very much alone when you’re going through such an ordeal….but I no longer feel alone ….thanks to all of you.

Bless You All,
Brenda


P.S.  I want to draw everyone’s’ attention to my new picture.  It’s been quite a few years since I started this blog and posted the picture of me as a blonde (with my niece Debbie at her wedding).  Well I thought it might be nice for you all to meet the “present time” me….and yes, I’m a natural brunette.  The picture isn’t that great, but I really felt that ‘therapeutic-wise” posting the new picture now was a good idea.  I’ll post a better one when I have a chance to get one taken.

1 comment: