Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Dear Friends....

Please pray for my family.

An event has happened in my family that I am asking prayers for.  The only worse type of event I would imagine would be a serious illness or death in the family.

I have a nephew who was just informed on Thursday that that was his last day of employment.  He and his family are devastated.  This nephew of mine who is a devout Christian, who comes from the old school…..you’re never absent, you’re always on time, and you put in a good day’s work, who is the type of person others strive to be, had to go home that day to inform his wife (my niece) and his two young diabetic children that, along with everything else that losing a job entails, that beginning November 1st they will have no medical insurance.  No insurance to cover all the necessities that special needs diabetic children require.

They say that God never gives you more than you can handle, but sometimes you have to ask yourself…when is enough, enough?  Over the past 10 years we have had….my employer went out of business leaving me without a job, my husband had a heart attack, we had to file bankruptcy, I fell into a deep depression, my niece was diagnosed as bipolar and her two young children, within a month of each other, despite the enormous odds the doctors gave her, had both her young children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  Not to mention....a young cousin was discovered to have anorexia, my sister had to have a double mastectomy for breast cancer, and her husband (my brother-in-law) was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease. 

Okay God….I’m saying it….Enough!!!  Please….enough…..enough.

Please pray for my family…I would be ever so grateful.

Brenda

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about all the negative things happening to you and your family! Seems like the same things are going on in my family too. I sent a prayer request out for you and your family at my church last night..Good luck and God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers, we have been put in a similar situation so I empathize. Unfortunately I don't know if Obama car will help or hinder, I have heard many horror stories but I have also heard of many people who are benefiting from it. I pray your niece & her family's situation improves! I know God does not give us more than we can handle I just wish she didn't trust me so much! Hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving and as tough as the situation is I am grateful for all the blessings God has bestowed upon us!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just joined your blog.......... greetings from sunny South Africa! So sorry to read about your family's problems.......I pray that they have since been resolved, but we are praying for you at our Bible Study in Ixopo in Kwa Zulu Natal....when we lost our son, everyone was quick to tell us that God does not give us more than we can handle, but that is a very glib response to heart wrenching situations... I pray for God's healing and peace on your family....God bless.........Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning,
    Just joined ...my son was termed 2 weeks before christmas last year. Since then he has found a couple of opportunites and now a great one. We aren't promised anything in this life except for those of us who know Jesus we have a home in Heaven. Read Heaven is For Real about a small boy that saw Heaven. Wonderful enlighting true story. God Bless You. Many Blessings are ahead for you. Dianne Beautiful Dolls-I want to make a few to give as Thank you Dolls to people that have helped me. Like the Library Lady for example.

    ReplyDelete